Monday, September 28, 2015

Just Because

Just because it isn't happening here, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
 
Pssst.. hey you.  Yeah, you sitting in your comfy chair reading this (at least I hope SOMEone reads this)...  you have a home (of sorts anyway) and food in your belly and clothing on your back and the comfort of electricity, running water, internet access... you get the picture, I hope.
 
Millions of people don't have that luxury and while you are reading this, 2 or 3 more people in Syria alone will become refugees, fleeing the war-torn country.  Families have been displaced, children separated from their parents, many killed along the way on their desperate flight to what they hope is freedom.
 
On September 25, Strawberry Singh published a post about this crisis http://strawberrysingh.com/2015/09/25/syrian-refugee-crisis-fundraiser-in-second-life/, highlighting an in-world effort to aid the refugees.  After reading this post I went to the kiosk and purchased this shirt.  It's not Haute Couture and it's not name-brand designer made but that is not the point.  It was designed specifically for this fundraising effort.  In my opinion it is worth the few Linden that it costs. 
 
I am usually a quiet person, not publically voicing my opinion on matters of this or any other political nature but this crisis impacts so many children.  Yes, there are other happenings in our sad world that impact the children just as much and I don't know why this particular story has touched me as it has.  I am not trying to find that answer.  I am only doing my little bit to help.  I have made a donation to a Real World organization as well.  What about you?
 
If this post has offended you, please feel free to ignore it.  I do not apologize for it.
 
 
Outfit:  RC Cami with heart @ Inworld Kiosk
Pose:  Miamai
 
 
If you want to learn more about the Refugee Crisis, here is the link to CNN's page
 
Thank you for the time you took from your busy day to read this post.
Graci
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment